A LAMP TO MY FEET AND A LIGHT TO MY PATH

Your word is a lamp to my feet
And a light to my path.
I have sworn and I will confirm it,
That I will keep Your righteous ordinances.
I am exceedingly afflicted;
Revive me, O LORD, according to Your word.
O accept the freewill offerings of my mouth, O LORD,
And teach me Your ordinances.
My life is continually in my hand,
Yet I do not forget Your law.
The wicked have laid a snare for me,
Yet I have not gone astray from Your precepts.
I have inherited Your testimonies forever,
For they are the joy of my heart.
I have inclined my heart to perform Your statutes
Forever, even to the end (Psalm 119:105-112, NASB).
It is always a blessing to read and meditate upon Psalm 119. These 176 alliterated lines of poetry spanning the Hebrew alphabet represent the art of ancient Hebrew’s at its finest.

This morning at church the pastor preached from Psalm 119:105, reminding us that life can take many unexpected turns and there are seasons wherein one might experience “a dark night of the soul,” but that the one constant that can be depended upon is the Word. How true is that! Each day life brings about new problems to solve, and sometime the only thing the Christian has going in his favor is what God promises in the Scriptures. Hindsight always proves that throughout this rocky journey, God is certainly always there working things out according to His good and perfect plan.

Peace...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grappling with the Craziness of an Election Year with the Book of Kings

The Good Thing About God and Judgment